Contract Signing Process
The contract process involves the following:
- Prepare the contract for signature by the University Business Manager, David W. Kieft.
- Attach a memorandum which includes:
- a brief description of the content of the contract
- source of funds (if funds involved)
- explanation of how vendor was chosen (i.e. bidding, long-term relationship, renewal, etc.)
- any prior approvals (ie: Department Chair, Dean, Administrator)
- name, address and phone number of person in department to contact if questions arise about the content of the contract
- name and address of responsible party to return signed contract to.
- Send the contract via campus mail to the Business Manager, 301 USB.
Contracts will be routed in a timely manner and returned to the department promptly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Specific questions regarding where the contract is in the routing process should be directed to:firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Legal questions should be addressed to the Office of the General Counsel (Ph:319/335-3696).
- Questions regarding Liability/Insurance issues should be directed to the Department of Risk Management, Insurance & Loss Prevention (Ph:319/335-0010) .
- Questions regarding Research contracts should be directed to UI Division of Sponsored Programs (Ph:319-335-2123) .
- Questions regarding Contracts for goods and services should be directed to Purchasing Department .